- Checking your spend report
Checking your spend report
There is a cashback incentive for members to check their spend figures quarterly. Complete the member spend report and if a supplier doesn’t report spend and you report the missing spend for a framework to CPC, you will receive 50% (excluding VAT) of the income that is due to CPC from the supplier, the exception being Building Cleaning and Catering frameworks where the rebate is 25%. This initiative was upgraded from a flat rate of 25% in December 2019 having originally been introduced in 2016/2017 for all members and rolled back to also include 2015/2016. It is well worth checking your spend each quarter as the biggest cashback to date is £3123.98.
The CPC financial year runs from 1st August to 31st July.
Member reports are produced quarterly.
- 1st August to 31st October
- 1st November to 31st January
- 1st February to 30th April
- 1st May to 31st July
To view your institution report
- Click My Institution.
- Then My Institution spend.
- Click the required year.
- Click on the figure.
- From here it lists the periods available.
Just click the required period.
- This will show all the net spend reported by suppliers, so VAT will need to be added.
Suppliers report on invoices raised within the quarter as a total, and not broken down by invoice.
You will see a listing of suppliers used by your institution.
Why should you check your spend reports?
- Suppliers can make mistakes and omit spend figures when reporting, which is important for the CPC operation
- To ensure you are obtaining CPC pricing, the reports are compiled from supplier reports of invoiced spend – this is especially important if a member assumes that they have audit cover by using CPC tendered contracts
- To help members see where they are using a consortium contract. It can also highlight which contracts you are not currently using
- To help with reporting a member’s individual savings from using CPC contracts, which can be helpful for FE colleges to report on their savings
The following tips have been provided by other members who currently carry out the spend comparison between their records and the CPC records:
- Investigate if there is a way to mark CPC suppliers within your Finance System. You can then pull off a report of spend for these suppliers which can be used to carry out your comparison against the CPC list
- Highlight on your purchase orders to CPC suppliers that you are a CPC member. There may be a way to do this automatically within your Finance System
- If you have a reporting tool within, or attached to, your Finance System, set up a report which pulls off all invoices within a certain period. You can then pull out the CPC suppliers, total up the invoices per supplier and do a quick and easy comparison of the totals
If your institution has tendered, or negotiated, a contract separately or via another consortium agreement and not through the CPC, spend information will not show against that supplier even if the supplier is available via the CPC. Some suppliers will move institutions over to the CPC contract mid term, others will not. Members should check their situation with each relevant supplier.
No spend will be reported to the CPC by suppliers on any Crown Commercial Service or TUCO contracts.
Should you find any discrepancies between your spend and what has been reported kindly contact Susan Burt via [email protected] or on 0161 974 0948.
It would be helpful if you could provide the following data as this makes it easier when liaising with suppliers on your behalf:
- Supplier name
- Account number (if relevant)
- Invoice numbers
- Invoice dates
- Purchase order number (if any)
- Total value (preferably net of VAT)
We will then investigate these, and we will let you know the outcome. If you require your report half yearly or yearly, kindly let us know (via the email contact above) and we will email it to you.