- We're Recruiting: Contracting Manager, competitive package
By Karen Stout
3rd May 2016
Based in Salford, Greater Manchester, Crescent Purchasing is looking for a full-time Contracting Manager to join our Senior Management Team.
The successful candidate will join a well-established not-for-profit organisation with a great reputation in the Education sector. We are proud to provide our College, Academy and Schools members with specialist advice on best spending practices and how to obtain best value for money. This is a great opportunity to get involved with a growing organisation working to deliver our portfolio of EU tendered frameworks across a wide variety of products and services.
Position: Contracting Manager
Location: Salford, Manchester
Salary: £Competitive salary + performance related bonus, 27 holidays pa To discuss the package available please email [email protected]
About the Role
This role will be responsible for ensuring the contracting team deliver the contracting programme, as well as working with our Compliance Manager to implement a category management approach to our framework agreement portfolio and develop strategic contract management. You will be leading and supporting a wide range of tenders, ensuring our membership are engaged and participating in the process. In addition to managing the Contracting and Regional Procurement Advisor teams, you will form an integral part of the Senior Management Team, helping to shape CPC's business strategy.
Some of the key duties you will be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for maintaining the efficacy of CPC's contracting programme, ensuring it meets member requirements, is commercially beneficial to the organisation and is delivered in a timely and EU compliant manner
- Ensuring that effective contract management is embedded in all contracting activities
- Provide management and leadership to the Contracting and Regional Procurement Advisor teams, ensuring they are aligned to the strategic and operational requirements of the CPC and that continuity of service is maintained
- As part of the SMT, help shape CPC business strategy and ensure adherence to and performance against CPC vision, aims and company targets
- As part of the SMT take a full role in company strategic planning alongside the Managing Director
We are looking for an MCIPS qualified individual with substantial experience working within a strategic procurement role. The successful candidate will have:
- Substantial previous experience of full accountability on high value EU tenders across a variety of commodity areas
- Experience of managing and leading teams within a procurement environment. Experience of leading remote teams is desirable but not essential
- Full and current knowledge of all relevant EU procurement legislation
- Experience of inputting to long-term strategic planning and experience of developing and writing strategic reports / business cases suitable for dissemination at Board level
- Knowledge of e-procurement or tendering software packages would be highly desirable
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of an organisation and with external agencies, both verbally and in writing
- Willing to undertake further training or CPD as is deemed applicable and appropriate to the support and development of the CPC
- A full UK driving licence is highly desirable for business travel as is the facility to use own car as occasions demand.
In return we offer an attractive package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
- 27 days holiday per annum plus 3 additional days between Christmas and New Year plus statutory bank holidays
Please see the links below to view the full job description and also to apply for this role. If you would like further information regarding the application process or the role please contact Karen Stout on [email protected] or 0161 974 0944.
How to Apply
Please download and complete the Application Form (PDF | DOC) and return this by email or post (marked confidential) by Sunday 22nd May 2016 to:
Corporate Services Manager
Crescent Purchasing Ltd